Dear Parish Family,
Can you believe fall is here, and we’re about to celebrate St. Peter’s seventh anniversary? It absolutely astounds me when I look back and consider all that God has done through this parish over the course of these seven years! I am so VERY thankful for the life we have together, and for the way God has used us for the good of so many others.
As an orthodox parish, we know without the preaching of a dozen sermons, that God calls us to use the many blessings of our lives for His purposes; to return to Him a portion of all that He has given to us. While I do not believe the local parish is the only way we can do the work of God, I obviously believe that God has raised up this parish, is doing wonderful things through it, and I hope, with me, you will commit once again to supporting the programs and ministries we believe God has set before us.
As you may remember, our fiscal year is NOT the same as the calendar year: it runs from November 1 - October 31. Because of the early start date for the new fiscal year, stewardship kicks off in September (this coming Sunday- September 15), and ends with In-Gathering on October 13.
It is especially important as we begin to build the new church, that we keep the program and ministry life of this church strong! Please join me in making a pledge to St. Peter’s Anglican Church for 2013/14. Even if you give by automatic draft as I do, you will need to fill out the enclosed pledge sheet so that we clearly know that you intend us to continue to draft your account.
Thank you so very much for all you have done, and all you continue to do to support the work of God through this wonderful parish!
By God’s Grace,
Fr. Eric D. Dudley
There are several ways to give:
- Building Fund : We still need help in building the new St. Peter's church, having raised $5.5 million of the $8 million requested. However, if you are so called, your donation is welcome!
- Financial Peace University: Take Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course this fall and learn how to live "debt free!" You may even find room in your budget for stewardship!
- St. Peter's Foundation: The Foundation as a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization, is set up to receive gifts of all kinds, including cash, stock, or real estate. The easiest way to give is to remember St. Peter’s in your will.
- Stewardship: the St. Peter's yearly operating budget
- Talent and Spiritual Gifts: Think that "giving" refers to money only? Well, think again. Your time, talent, and spirtual gifts are just as valuable.