Good News Outreach
A Christian organization dedicated to relieving physical, mental, emotional and spiritual suffering to those within our surrounding community. The focus of all GNO ministries is concentrated in areas that are not adequately addressed by other non-profit organizations or governmental agencies. There is something for everyone to get involved with – please contact Jill Ashoo email@example.com
Maryland Oaks Crossing
The Maryland Oaks Crossing homeless housing campus is oriented to families with children who are moving toward independent living. They provide a safe, family oriented living environment. Join in on their after school program.
The Mercy House program is dedicated to men recently released from prison who have asked for a second chance to successfully re-enter society.
Mission Oaks Apartments
The Mission Oaks Apartments offers formerly homeless men the opportunity to live in a safe, permanent, affordable, highly ordered environment that is conducive to rebuilding self-esteem and accepting personal responsibility.
The Food Service program distributes food to those in need through the “soup kitchen” at The Shelter, the bagged food program at Lafayette Circle and the Bond Community, and direct food delivery for families and homebound elderly.
The Elder Care program coordinates volunteers to visit the elderly in their homes and residences and assists with food and transportation needs on an individual basis.
How You Can Help
- Bring in non-perishable food
- Help with direct food delivery for families in need and homebound elderly
- Help with the bagged food program on Thursday at Good News Outreach
- Donate used furniture and appliances (Good News Outreach 412-0015 to arrange for the pickup these items)
- Serve meals at the Shelter Monday through Friday, and the Food Pantry every Thursday
- Provide mentorship, fellowship activities, and tutoring
- Donate to the Angel Tree